Connect with us

Entertainment

Two teens allegedly murdered a Los Angeles store owner on a wig

Published

on

Two teenagers were arrested after they stabbed a Los Angeles A Fashion District store owner to death with a wig after trying to stop them stealing from his business.

Do Young Lee, 56, known by locals as Tommy, was fatally stabbed to the chest last Saturday (October 1) near Olympic Boulevard Wall Street, near a wig shop he had run for nearly two decades.

Two 17-year-olds arrested after stabbing shop owner over stolen wig

Two male and female suspects, both 17, were arrested in the wake of the fatal attack, but none of their names have been released because they are minors, it was reported. Fox 11.

Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon announced the charges against the two girls on Wednesday, saying his “office will work hard to hold individuals accountable for acts of violence — even if they are minors.”

Do-young “Tommy” Lee, right, with his daughter Shirin Lee, left (Courtesy of GoFundMe)

Both teens face one count of murder and one count of theft in the second degree in connection with the stolen wigs.

Advertisement

“Mr. Lee was murdered in the middle of the day on a busy street in downtown Los Angeles while he was simply trying to run his business.” Gascon said in a press release Wednesday. His death is a great loss to his friends, family and everyone who knew him. I want to make it clear that my office will work hard to hold individuals who engage in violence to account – even if they are minors.”

Unreleased surveillance footage from LAPD shows a teen’s wig being stolen, and its owner stabbed in the chest

The store owner told FOX 11 what it was in the surveillance video footage of the fatal accident, which has not yet been released by the Los Angeles Police Department.

“Tommy has a record of being strict and going after thieves,” said the homeowner, which may have led to his death after the boy “pulled a knife and struck him in the heart.”

“They were looking at a wig. Then suddenly they ran for it. Tommy had a record of being tough and going after thieves,” the homeowner said earlier in the week.

(Courtesy of the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office)

The owner’s shop has been targeted by thieves in the past, and a 25-year-old daughter survived

The outlet reported that Lee’s business had previously been targeted by thieves in the past. His death is the latest in a series of violent crimes that have plagued the city in recent months.

The owner added that Lee had never “imagined (that) he would be killed because of a wig.”

Advertisement

“I don’t think he ever imagined he’d be murdered for a wig,” the owner told FOX 11 earlier in the week.

A 25-year-old daughter is survived by me, according to A GoFundMe The page launched for the family.

The fundraising foundation raised $89,363 from $50,000 as of Monday.


Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Entertainment

George RR Martin answers ‘Game of Thrones’ question about Casterly Rock

Published

on

By

Hello, are you there. Yes you! Ever wonder what Casterly Rock looks like? to me George RR MartinThere was “a certain amount of confusion” about the appearance of House Lannister’s ancestral home. Luckily game of thronesFans everywhere, Martin is taking a break from his hard work Winter winds To clarify a question no one is asking.

On his trusted blog, Martin posted a lengthy world-building meditation intended to “relieve” any confusion about Casterly Rock. “A certain amount of confusion” is an awfully slippery term, isn’t it? on condition Thrones Fans at the gates of King’s Landing didn’t exactly chatter about it, and I’ll interpret that to mean “little or nothing.” In the blog post, Martin shared a (very low-res) illustration by Ted Nasmith, whose paintings of Westeros were used in game of thrones Calendars plus files worldbook companion The world of ice and fire. “Ted got every little detail right,” Martin wrote, retracting many of the architectural features Nesmith extracted from his novels. The author continued, “If you look closely, here and there scattered up and down the face of the stand, you can see windows and arrow slits.” It’s impossible to see those features in this adorable photo, so I suppose we’ll have to take his word for it.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.

You see, Martin has a bone to pick with how fans imagine this scene. “Lannister Castle is not at the top of the rock,” he asserted. “It’s inside the rock.” Should the man insist on controlling how readers conceive of his worlds within the privacy of their own imagination? What does it matter – and how does any of this criticism bring him closer to ending the series once and for all? Martin seems to acknowledge the futility of this blog post, writing, “What does all this mean? Probably nothing. I just wanted to set the record straight. Give you everything to think about.” (And maybe put an end to all these pictures of a little rock with a castle on top .)”

Advertisement




The author notes that his novels never pay a proper visit to Casterly Rock; Although the Lannister stronghold has been mentioned hundreds of times, as well as glimpses through characters’ flashbacks, it never really puts the story there in the proper timeline. But maybe it will change. “I hope Casterly Rock doesn’t stay offstage forever,” he wrote. “I have two more novels, and my plan is to have one or more of my point-of-view characters visit The Rock Inn Winter winds or Spring dreamso that I may show you all the wonders, horrors, and treasures of House Lannister first hand.”

At this point, he’s just teasing us, right? Hey George – While things rest, do them Winter winds Next!

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.

Advertisement




Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Bill Cosby reveals he’s considering comedy tour plans for 2023

Published

on

By

sound Bill Cosby Ready to join The Comedy Circle. On Wednesday, host WGH spoke “yes” When asked if he plans to tour again in 2023.

“Yes. Yes. Because there is so much fun I can have in telling this story,” Cosby said. “Years ago, maybe 10 years ago, I found it better to say it than to write it.”

The 85-year-old was convicted of criminal sexual assault in April 2018. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court then overturned the conviction in 2021. In June, he made a post on Instagram celebrating his one-year release date.

Bell wrote, “After 2 years and 10 months of fighting for my life and the truth, it feels like one year of freedom at home with my family (at least that’s what my wife says).”

However, the assault accusations are persistent. In early December, five women submitted a new application sexual assault lawsuit against Bill Cosby and NBC. Four women, filed in New York, said Cosby forced them to have sex or raped them between the 1980s and 1990s. The fifth woman says Cosby raped her in 1969. Comedian Andrew White called the suit “frivolous.”

Wyatt too confirmed to diverse That the former actor’s plans to tour are legit. He said that Cosby “Consider spring/summer to start touring.”

The tour can also be a response to Compensation award of $500,000 Cosby owes a debt to Judy Huth. Judy won a civil case against Bell in June, accusing him of sexually assaulting her when she was 16 years old in 1975.

Advertisement




At the time of the ruling, White Hoth said “I will never be paid by Mr. Cosby.” He also alleged that Huth owed her legal team more than $3 million, which Jodie’s attorney, Gloria Allred, later denied.

“Mr. Cosby’s spokesperson appears to be trying to wring victory from the jaws of Mr. Cosby’s massive defeat. Ms. Huth has no legal bills for fees with my law firm.”

Twitter users react to Bill Cosby’s contemplative tour of the year 2023

After Cosby’s surprise announcement, people on Twitter started flocking to him. The tweets highlighted multiple angles, from congratulations to ticket sales, cancel culture, and his “boldness” — in light of accusations that have reportedly come from more than 50 women since 2005.




Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

See the first photos of Alyssa Scott and Nick Cannon’s baby

Published

on

By

Nick Cannon welcomes baby number 12

Alyssa Scott And the Nick CannonNewborn daughter had pink arrival.

the husband They welcomed their second child– A girl named Hello Mary Cannon—December 14, Alyssa announced December 29 on Instagram. Now, the model offers more behind-the-scenes looks at Halo’s birth, as well as the adorable first photos of her daughter.

In the glimpseHalo is seen sleeping on a white blanket, while wearing a comfy jumpsuit with a flowery headband. There is a bunch of flowers wrapped in an icy cone next to her, as well as a sparkling crown. To complete the enchanting image, an abundant bouquet of pink roses was placed atop Halo’s head.

Advertisement




Alyssa, who is also the mother of a 4-year-old daughter Zilla From a previous relationship, the post captioned, “HI BABY!! 12/14/22.”

More photos on her Instagram Story show a close-up of a halo among roses and a TikTok of the newborn sleeping while the photographer captured it in holiday-themed photos.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending