Connect with us

Entertainment

There is no evidence for the man accused of shooting and killing a JSU student

Published

on

A Hinds County judge is holding a freshman at JSU accused of fatally shooting a classmate. Jackson State University Student without a leash.

During a hearing Monday, Judge Johnny McDaniels denied posting bail for Randall Smith due to the serious nature of the murder charge against him. Smith, a freshman at JSU from New Orleans, just turned 20 on Nov. 30, according to wapt.

last week, shadow room It reported that authorities found a body inside the trunk of a car parked in a parking lot on JSU’s campus.

Advertisement

A body found on JSU campus last week identified as a 22-year-old male student who accused a female student of shooting to death

That body was eventually identified as that of 22-year-old Flynn Brown, who was found Friday.

Brown’s body was found inside a Dodge Charger around 8:30 a.m. that morning in a parking lot between Dixon Hall and Campbell College Suites, according to the Hinds County police doctor.

“The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and Jackson State University police are working together to investigate a recent murder on JSU’s campus. At this time, there is no further threat to those on campus,” MBI officials said in a statement Friday.

Meanwhile, JSU President Thomas K. Hudson recently confirmed in a statement that the victim was a student at the university, calling it “a devastating circumstance for our campus community.”

“The loss of a young person is always a devastating circumstance for our campus community. Our thoughts are with the family during this difficult time,” Hudson said. “As President, I can assure you that the safety of our students and the campus community is our highest priority. While we don’t have all the details at this time, the person involved is in custody.”

Law enforcement remains tight-lipped on details of the investigation, ‘No more threat to those on campus’

Officials with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation have yet to reveal many details about the case.

“At this time, there is no further threat to those on campus,” agency spokesperson Billy Martin said in a statement.

MBI is currently assessing this serious incident and gathering evidence. Upon completion of their investigation, agents will share their findings with the local district attorney’s office.”

Online records show that Smith has been booked into a Hinds County Detention Center for first degree murder. It is not clear if he has a lawyer who can speak for him.

The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and campus police are taking on the murder investigation.

Advertisement

According to the JSU chief, grief counselors were available at the school on Friday hv news.

Grief counselors are available to JSU students, who remain troubled after the discovery of Brown’s body

Despite Martin’s declaration that there was no other threat on campus, the students were still uncomfortable in the hours following the discovery of Brown’s body.

“I’m a little concerned, because we don’t really know what’s going on right now,” student Nathan Smith told WAPT.

A former Browns coach, who played football at Mount Olive High School in Flanders, New Jersey, offered his condolences at Twitter Saturday.

“It is with a heavy heart that I am sad to say that the Mount Olive community and football family has lost someone,” said Brian O’Connor, director of football at Mount Olive High School.


fbq('init', '1743561565887263'); fbq('track', 'PageView');

Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Entertainment

George RR Martin answers ‘Game of Thrones’ question about Casterly Rock

Published

on

By

Hello, are you there. Yes you! Ever wonder what Casterly Rock looks like? to me George RR MartinThere was “a certain amount of confusion” about the appearance of House Lannister’s ancestral home. Luckily game of thronesFans everywhere, Martin is taking a break from his hard work Winter winds To clarify a question no one is asking.

On his trusted blog, Martin posted a lengthy world-building meditation intended to “relieve” any confusion about Casterly Rock. “A certain amount of confusion” is an awfully slippery term, isn’t it? on condition Thrones Fans at the gates of King’s Landing didn’t exactly chatter about it, and I’ll interpret that to mean “little or nothing.” In the blog post, Martin shared a (very low-res) illustration by Ted Nasmith, whose paintings of Westeros were used in game of thrones Calendars plus files worldbook companion The world of ice and fire. “Ted got every little detail right,” Martin wrote, retracting many of the architectural features Nesmith extracted from his novels. The author continued, “If you look closely, here and there scattered up and down the face of the stand, you can see windows and arrow slits.” It’s impossible to see those features in this adorable photo, so I suppose we’ll have to take his word for it.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.

You see, Martin has a bone to pick with how fans imagine this scene. “Lannister Castle is not at the top of the rock,” he asserted. “It’s inside the rock.” Should the man insist on controlling how readers conceive of his worlds within the privacy of their own imagination? What does it matter – and how does any of this criticism bring him closer to ending the series once and for all? Martin seems to acknowledge the futility of this blog post, writing, “What does all this mean? Probably nothing. I just wanted to set the record straight. Give you everything to think about.” (And maybe put an end to all these pictures of a little rock with a castle on top .)”

Advertisement

The author notes that his novels never pay a proper visit to Casterly Rock; Although the Lannister stronghold has been mentioned hundreds of times, as well as glimpses through characters’ flashbacks, it never really puts the story there in the proper timeline. But maybe it will change. “I hope Casterly Rock doesn’t stay offstage forever,” he wrote. “I have two more novels, and my plan is to have one or more of my point-of-view characters visit The Rock Inn Winter winds or Spring dreamso that I may show you all the wonders, horrors, and treasures of House Lannister first hand.”

At this point, he’s just teasing us, right? Hey George – While things rest, do them Winter winds Next!

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.

Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Bill Cosby reveals he’s considering comedy tour plans for 2023

Published

on

By

sound Bill Cosby Ready to join The Comedy Circle. On Wednesday, host WGH spoke “yes” When asked if he plans to tour again in 2023.

“Yes. Yes. Because there is so much fun I can have in telling this story,” Cosby said. “Years ago, maybe 10 years ago, I found it better to say it than to write it.”

The 85-year-old was convicted of criminal sexual assault in April 2018. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court then overturned the conviction in 2021. In June, he made a post on Instagram celebrating his one-year release date.

Bell wrote, “After 2 years and 10 months of fighting for my life and the truth, it feels like one year of freedom at home with my family (at least that’s what my wife says).”

However, the assault accusations are persistent. In early December, five women submitted a new application sexual assault lawsuit against Bill Cosby and NBC. Four women, filed in New York, said Cosby forced them to have sex or raped them between the 1980s and 1990s. The fifth woman says Cosby raped her in 1969. Comedian Andrew White called the suit “frivolous.”

Advertisement

Wyatt too confirmed to diverse That the former actor’s plans to tour are legit. He said that Cosby “Consider spring/summer to start touring.”

The tour can also be a response to Compensation award of $500,000 Cosby owes a debt to Judy Huth. Judy won a civil case against Bell in June, accusing him of sexually assaulting her when she was 16 years old in 1975.

At the time of the ruling, White Hoth said “I will never be paid by Mr. Cosby.” He also alleged that Huth owed her legal team more than $3 million, which Jodie’s attorney, Gloria Allred, later denied.

“Mr. Cosby’s spokesperson appears to be trying to wring victory from the jaws of Mr. Cosby’s massive defeat. Ms. Huth has no legal bills for fees with my law firm.”

Twitter users react to Bill Cosby’s contemplative tour of the year 2023

After Cosby’s surprise announcement, people on Twitter started flocking to him. The tweets highlighted multiple angles, from congratulations to ticket sales, cancel culture, and his “boldness” — in light of accusations that have reportedly come from more than 50 women since 2005.




Source link

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

See the first photos of Alyssa Scott and Nick Cannon’s baby

Published

on

By

Nick Cannon welcomes baby number 12

Alyssa Scott And the Nick CannonNewborn daughter had pink arrival.

the husband They welcomed their second child– A girl named Hello Mary Cannon—December 14, Alyssa announced December 29 on Instagram. Now, the model offers more behind-the-scenes looks at Halo’s birth, as well as the adorable first photos of her daughter.

In the glimpseHalo is seen sleeping on a white blanket, while wearing a comfy jumpsuit with a flowery headband. There is a bunch of flowers wrapped in an icy cone next to her, as well as a sparkling crown. To complete the enchanting image, an abundant bouquet of pink roses was placed atop Halo’s head.

Advertisement

Alyssa, who is also the mother of a 4-year-old daughter Zilla From a previous relationship, the post captioned, “HI BABY!! 12/14/22.”

More photos on her Instagram Story show a close-up of a halo among roses and a TikTok of the newborn sleeping while the photographer captured it in holiday-themed photos.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending