Connect with us

Entertainment

Securities and Exchange Commission charges Kim Kardashian with ‘Pump & Dump’ crypto scheme

Published

on

Kim kardashian A $1.26 million fine has been imposed by the Securities and Exchange Commission over an Instagram post promoting cryptocurrency that was described as a “pump and dump” scheme in a lawsuit filed against the influencer earlier this year.

On Monday, the Securities and Exchange Commission announced that the 41-year-old reality TV star was indicted for “promoting on social media the security of crypto assets… without disclosing the amount she received for the promotion.” New York Post reports.

She allegedly received $250,000 for her Instagram promotional post.

Advertisement

Kim Kardashian paid $250,000 for ‘pumping and dumping’ Instagram post, fined $1.23 million in penalties

“This is not financial advice, but sharing what my friends just told me about the Ethereum Max token!” Read Kim’s post. “A few minutes ago, Ethereum Max burned 400 trillion tokens — literally 50% of the administration’s wallet (and) giving back to the entire E-max community.”

The Securities and Exchange Commission added that Kim K “has agreed to settle the charges, pay $1.26 million in fines, and give up consent, interest, and cooperation,” as the investigation continues.

Kim reportedly paid the fines “without acknowledging or denying the SEC findings,” and agreed not to promote any cryptocurrency for three years, according to the agency.

Kim’s spokesperson said he was “pleased to resolve the matter” and “fully cooperated” with the Saudi Electricity Company

A spokesperson for the social media influencer said Kim “please resolve this matter” and that she “fully cooperated with the Securities and Exchange Commission from the start.”

Advertisement

“Miss. Kardashian is happy to resolve this matter with the Securities and Exchange Commission,” a spokesperson for Kardashian told the newspaper.

“Kardashian has fully cooperated with the SEC from the beginning and is willing to do everything in her power to assist the SEC with this matter.”

The spokeswoman added that she “wanted to put this matter behind her to avoid a protracted conflict.”

“The agreement I’ve reached with the Securities and Exchange Commission allows it to do this so that it can move forward with many different businesses.”

Representatives of the Ripley Museum are speaking out and saying that Kim Kardashian did not damage Marilyn Monroe’s dress after wearing it to the Met Gala. (Photo by Demetrius Kambouris/Getty Images for the Met/Vogue Museum)

SEC says Kardashian’s case will make it clear to celebrities that they should disclose payments when promoting investments

Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Gary Gensler said the case against Kim would make it clear to the public that investment opportunities promoted by celebrities and social media influencers are “not suitable (not) for all investors”, and to be weary of such promotions, he said. The Washington Post reported.

“This case is a reminder that when celebrities or influencers support investment opportunities, including crypto-asset securities, this does not mean that these investment products are suitable for all investors,” said Gary Gensler, President of the SEC.

Gensley added that the case would also make it clear that celebrities and influencers can be sued and will be prosecuted if they fail to publicly disclose the amount they were paid to promote investment opportunities.

Advertisement

“We encourage investors to consider the potential risks and opportunities of investing in light of their own financial goals,” said Ginsley.

“Miss. The Kardashian case is also a reminder to celebrities and others that the law requires them to disclose to the public when and how much they are paid to encourage investment in securities.”

Kardashian and Floyd Mayweather named in ‘Pump & Dump’ crypto lawsuit earlier this year

Earlier this year, Kardashian and former boxing champion Floyd Mayweather were named in a lawsuit claiming they misled their online followers by promoting “pump and dump” cryptocurrency schemes.

Former Boston Celtics star Paul Pierce has also been named in the suit, according to the newspaper.

Advertisement

Both Kim and Floyd have been accused of making “false or misleading statements” while promoting Ethereum Max tokens.

“In fact, the defendants marketed EMAX tokens to investors so that they could sell their share of Float for a profit,” the lawsuit says.

Mayweather paid more than $600,000 in a settlement with the SEC, without admitting or denying the regulator’s findings, NBC News reports.




Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Entertainment

George RR Martin answers ‘Game of Thrones’ question about Casterly Rock

Published

on

By

Hello, are you there. Yes you! Ever wonder what Casterly Rock looks like? to me George RR MartinThere was “a certain amount of confusion” about the appearance of House Lannister’s ancestral home. Luckily game of thronesFans everywhere, Martin is taking a break from his hard work Winter winds To clarify a question no one is asking.

On his trusted blog, Martin posted a lengthy world-building meditation intended to “relieve” any confusion about Casterly Rock. “A certain amount of confusion” is an awfully slippery term, isn’t it? on condition Thrones Fans at the gates of King’s Landing didn’t exactly chatter about it, and I’ll interpret that to mean “little or nothing.” In the blog post, Martin shared a (very low-res) illustration by Ted Nasmith, whose paintings of Westeros were used in game of thrones Calendars plus files worldbook companion The world of ice and fire. “Ted got every little detail right,” Martin wrote, retracting many of the architectural features Nesmith extracted from his novels. The author continued, “If you look closely, here and there scattered up and down the face of the stand, you can see windows and arrow slits.” It’s impossible to see those features in this adorable photo, so I suppose we’ll have to take his word for it.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.

You see, Martin has a bone to pick with how fans imagine this scene. “Lannister Castle is not at the top of the rock,” he asserted. “It’s inside the rock.” Should the man insist on controlling how readers conceive of his worlds within the privacy of their own imagination? What does it matter – and how does any of this criticism bring him closer to ending the series once and for all? Martin seems to acknowledge the futility of this blog post, writing, “What does all this mean? Probably nothing. I just wanted to set the record straight. Give you everything to think about.” (And maybe put an end to all these pictures of a little rock with a castle on top .)”

Advertisement

The author notes that his novels never pay a proper visit to Casterly Rock; Although the Lannister stronghold has been mentioned hundreds of times, as well as glimpses through characters’ flashbacks, it never really puts the story there in the proper timeline. But maybe it will change. “I hope Casterly Rock doesn’t stay offstage forever,” he wrote. “I have two more novels, and my plan is to have one or more of my point-of-view characters visit The Rock Inn Winter winds or Spring dreamso that I may show you all the wonders, horrors, and treasures of House Lannister first hand.”

At this point, he’s just teasing us, right? Hey George – While things rest, do them Winter winds Next!

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.

Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Bill Cosby reveals he’s considering comedy tour plans for 2023

Published

on

By

sound Bill Cosby Ready to join The Comedy Circle. On Wednesday, host WGH spoke “yes” When asked if he plans to tour again in 2023.

“Yes. Yes. Because there is so much fun I can have in telling this story,” Cosby said. “Years ago, maybe 10 years ago, I found it better to say it than to write it.”

The 85-year-old was convicted of criminal sexual assault in April 2018. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court then overturned the conviction in 2021. In June, he made a post on Instagram celebrating his one-year release date.

Bell wrote, “After 2 years and 10 months of fighting for my life and the truth, it feels like one year of freedom at home with my family (at least that’s what my wife says).”

However, the assault accusations are persistent. In early December, five women submitted a new application sexual assault lawsuit against Bill Cosby and NBC. Four women, filed in New York, said Cosby forced them to have sex or raped them between the 1980s and 1990s. The fifth woman says Cosby raped her in 1969. Comedian Andrew White called the suit “frivolous.”

Advertisement

Wyatt too confirmed to diverse That the former actor’s plans to tour are legit. He said that Cosby “Consider spring/summer to start touring.”

The tour can also be a response to Compensation award of $500,000 Cosby owes a debt to Judy Huth. Judy won a civil case against Bell in June, accusing him of sexually assaulting her when she was 16 years old in 1975.

At the time of the ruling, White Hoth said “I will never be paid by Mr. Cosby.” He also alleged that Huth owed her legal team more than $3 million, which Jodie’s attorney, Gloria Allred, later denied.

“Mr. Cosby’s spokesperson appears to be trying to wring victory from the jaws of Mr. Cosby’s massive defeat. Ms. Huth has no legal bills for fees with my law firm.”

Twitter users react to Bill Cosby’s contemplative tour of the year 2023

After Cosby’s surprise announcement, people on Twitter started flocking to him. The tweets highlighted multiple angles, from congratulations to ticket sales, cancel culture, and his “boldness” — in light of accusations that have reportedly come from more than 50 women since 2005.




Source link

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

See the first photos of Alyssa Scott and Nick Cannon’s baby

Published

on

By

Nick Cannon welcomes baby number 12

Alyssa Scott And the Nick CannonNewborn daughter had pink arrival.

the husband They welcomed their second child– A girl named Hello Mary Cannon—December 14, Alyssa announced December 29 on Instagram. Now, the model offers more behind-the-scenes looks at Halo’s birth, as well as the adorable first photos of her daughter.

In the glimpseHalo is seen sleeping on a white blanket, while wearing a comfy jumpsuit with a flowery headband. There is a bunch of flowers wrapped in an icy cone next to her, as well as a sparkling crown. To complete the enchanting image, an abundant bouquet of pink roses was placed atop Halo’s head.

Advertisement

Alyssa, who is also the mother of a 4-year-old daughter Zilla From a previous relationship, the post captioned, “HI BABY!! 12/14/22.”

More photos on her Instagram Story show a close-up of a halo among roses and a TikTok of the newborn sleeping while the photographer captured it in holiday-themed photos.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending