Connect with us

Entertainment

Hundreds of dead people fear Hurricane Ian, death toll increases

Published

on

It is feared that hundreds have already died as a historical event Hurricane Ian Mayhem continues to wreak havoc in Florida, and the death toll is expected to rise, the sheriff announced in the state’s hardest-hit area early Thursday.

Lee County Sheriff Carmen Marcino said:good morning americaThat a massive storm is an ‘event that changes all of our lives,’ before adding ‘I know for sure that the (confirmed) deaths are in the hundreds’.

“This is an event that changes all of our lives,” Sheriff Marcino told GMA. “

I don’t have confirmed numbers – I know for sure the death toll is in the hundreds.”

“So far, it has been confirmed by hundreds.”

Florida Sheriff of Hurricane Ian says the storm is “a life-changing event for all of us”

Marcino noted that conditions remain too dangerous for his management and other rescue crews to fully reach the scope of the damage. He said there were “thousands of people waiting to be rescued”.

Advertisement
(Photo by Joe Riddell/Getty Images)

There are thousands of people waiting to be rescued. And again, you can’t get real evaluation until we’re actually on the scene evaluating every scene, and we can’t reach people, that’s the problem,” he said.

Sharif also warned that rescuers would “see things they’ve never seen before,” referring to mass drownings, according to the New York Post.

The storm is still too strong for rescue crews to do a full survey of the damage, fear of mass drownings

Currently, the hurricane is still “too strong” for officials to begin rescue work, Lee County Administrator Roger Degarlay said late Wednesday, describing his community as being “decimated” by the storm.

“We’re starting to feel like our community has been devastated in some ways,” he said that night.

(Photo by Giorgio Viera/AFP) (Photo by GIORGIO VIERA/AFP via Getty Images)

More than 80 percent of the area remained without power as of Thursday, according to County Commissioner Kevin Rowan, equivalent to more than 2.5 million people across the state, the Washington Post reported.

Rawan said of the besieged: “My heart goes out to them.” We will try to help them as soon as possible. We’ll get to them.”

President Joe Biden declares a major disaster in Florida as record flooding devastates the Sunshine State

President Joe Biden declared a major disaster in Florida to enable federal aid across the state, including hardest-hit areas like Lee County.

The White House announced that “damage assessments are continuing in other areas, and additional areas may be designated for assistance after assessments are fully completed.”

(Photo by Giorgio Viera/AFP) (Photo by GIORGIO VIERA/AFP via Getty Images)

The White House emergency declaration came as Hurricane Ian was downgraded to a tropical storm early Thursday morning, yet it could be upgraded back to hurricane-force winds as “standard flooding” paralyzes the area.

Advertisement

‘Life-threatening surge risk’ persists through Friday in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina

Winds reached in excess of 155 miles per hour, nearly 2 miles per hour making it a Category 5 storm, with flood images showing entire areas under water Thursday morning.

A hospital emergency room was shown with water running through it, as well as local television station WINK, which was filmed with three feet of water covering the newsroom floor, according to the newspaper.

“Life-threatening surge risk” will persist for the rest of Thursday and Friday in Florida as well as parts of Georgia and South Carolina, according to a 5 a.m. update by the National Hurricane Center.

shadow room Yesterday I reported that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis warned state residents that it was too late to evacuate if they didn’t already do so.


Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Entertainment

George RR Martin answers ‘Game of Thrones’ question about Casterly Rock

Published

on

By

Hello, are you there. Yes you! Ever wonder what Casterly Rock looks like? to me George RR MartinThere was “a certain amount of confusion” about the appearance of House Lannister’s ancestral home. Luckily game of thronesFans everywhere, Martin is taking a break from his hard work Winter winds To clarify a question no one is asking.

On his trusted blog, Martin posted a lengthy world-building meditation intended to “relieve” any confusion about Casterly Rock. “A certain amount of confusion” is an awfully slippery term, isn’t it? on condition Thrones Fans at the gates of King’s Landing didn’t exactly chatter about it, and I’ll interpret that to mean “little or nothing.” In the blog post, Martin shared a (very low-res) illustration by Ted Nasmith, whose paintings of Westeros were used in game of thrones Calendars plus files worldbook companion The world of ice and fire. “Ted got every little detail right,” Martin wrote, retracting many of the architectural features Nesmith extracted from his novels. The author continued, “If you look closely, here and there scattered up and down the face of the stand, you can see windows and arrow slits.” It’s impossible to see those features in this adorable photo, so I suppose we’ll have to take his word for it.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.

You see, Martin has a bone to pick with how fans imagine this scene. “Lannister Castle is not at the top of the rock,” he asserted. “It’s inside the rock.” Should the man insist on controlling how readers conceive of his worlds within the privacy of their own imagination? What does it matter – and how does any of this criticism bring him closer to ending the series once and for all? Martin seems to acknowledge the futility of this blog post, writing, “What does all this mean? Probably nothing. I just wanted to set the record straight. Give you everything to think about.” (And maybe put an end to all these pictures of a little rock with a castle on top .)”

Advertisement




The author notes that his novels never pay a proper visit to Casterly Rock; Although the Lannister stronghold has been mentioned hundreds of times, as well as glimpses through characters’ flashbacks, it never really puts the story there in the proper timeline. But maybe it will change. “I hope Casterly Rock doesn’t stay offstage forever,” he wrote. “I have two more novels, and my plan is to have one or more of my point-of-view characters visit The Rock Inn Winter winds or Spring dreamso that I may show you all the wonders, horrors, and treasures of House Lannister first hand.”

At this point, he’s just teasing us, right? Hey George – While things rest, do them Winter winds Next!

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.

Advertisement




Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Bill Cosby reveals he’s considering comedy tour plans for 2023

Published

on

By

sound Bill Cosby Ready to join The Comedy Circle. On Wednesday, host WGH spoke “yes” When asked if he plans to tour again in 2023.

“Yes. Yes. Because there is so much fun I can have in telling this story,” Cosby said. “Years ago, maybe 10 years ago, I found it better to say it than to write it.”

The 85-year-old was convicted of criminal sexual assault in April 2018. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court then overturned the conviction in 2021. In June, he made a post on Instagram celebrating his one-year release date.

Bell wrote, “After 2 years and 10 months of fighting for my life and the truth, it feels like one year of freedom at home with my family (at least that’s what my wife says).”

However, the assault accusations are persistent. In early December, five women submitted a new application sexual assault lawsuit against Bill Cosby and NBC. Four women, filed in New York, said Cosby forced them to have sex or raped them between the 1980s and 1990s. The fifth woman says Cosby raped her in 1969. Comedian Andrew White called the suit “frivolous.”

Wyatt too confirmed to diverse That the former actor’s plans to tour are legit. He said that Cosby “Consider spring/summer to start touring.”

The tour can also be a response to Compensation award of $500,000 Cosby owes a debt to Judy Huth. Judy won a civil case against Bell in June, accusing him of sexually assaulting her when she was 16 years old in 1975.

Advertisement




At the time of the ruling, White Hoth said “I will never be paid by Mr. Cosby.” He also alleged that Huth owed her legal team more than $3 million, which Jodie’s attorney, Gloria Allred, later denied.

“Mr. Cosby’s spokesperson appears to be trying to wring victory from the jaws of Mr. Cosby’s massive defeat. Ms. Huth has no legal bills for fees with my law firm.”

Twitter users react to Bill Cosby’s contemplative tour of the year 2023

After Cosby’s surprise announcement, people on Twitter started flocking to him. The tweets highlighted multiple angles, from congratulations to ticket sales, cancel culture, and his “boldness” — in light of accusations that have reportedly come from more than 50 women since 2005.




Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

See the first photos of Alyssa Scott and Nick Cannon’s baby

Published

on

By

Nick Cannon welcomes baby number 12

Alyssa Scott And the Nick CannonNewborn daughter had pink arrival.

the husband They welcomed their second child– A girl named Hello Mary Cannon—December 14, Alyssa announced December 29 on Instagram. Now, the model offers more behind-the-scenes looks at Halo’s birth, as well as the adorable first photos of her daughter.

In the glimpseHalo is seen sleeping on a white blanket, while wearing a comfy jumpsuit with a flowery headband. There is a bunch of flowers wrapped in an icy cone next to her, as well as a sparkling crown. To complete the enchanting image, an abundant bouquet of pink roses was placed atop Halo’s head.

Advertisement




Alyssa, who is also the mother of a 4-year-old daughter Zilla From a previous relationship, the post captioned, “HI BABY!! 12/14/22.”

More photos on her Instagram Story show a close-up of a halo among roses and a TikTok of the newborn sleeping while the photographer captured it in holiday-themed photos.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending