Connect with us

Politics

Democrats make history as the first time Social Security checks will increase as Medicare premiums fall

Published

on

Democrats introduced for the first time in history, Social Security checks will increase and health insurance premiums will decrease.

White House Press Secretary Karen Jean-Pierre said in a statement provided to PoliticusUSA:

Tomorrow, seniors and other Americans concerned about Social Security will learn exactly how much to increase their monthly paycheck — but experts predict it will be $140 a month, on average, starting in January. For the first time in more than a decade, Medicare premiums for seniors will drop even as their Social Security checks increase.

This means that seniors will have a chance to beat inflation due to the rare combination of increased benefits and lower premiums. We’ll put more money in their pockets and give them extra breathing space.

MAGA Republicans in Congress continue to threaten Social Security and Medicare — proposing to put them on the chopping block every five years, jeopardizing benefits, and changing eligibility. If Republicans in Congress had their way, seniors would pay more for prescription drugs, and their Social Security benefits would never be safe. The President is taking a different approach – one that continues the progress we’ve made and saves seniors’ money.

Advertisement

Republicans have made clear that they intend to raise prescription drug prices for seniors Eliminate Social Security and Medicare. Democrats make history and help the American people, and if voters want to maintain these positive changes, they need to make sure that the Democratic Party retains control of Congress.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Politics

Like-smiling trans daughter arrested for her father’s murder

Published

on

By

The suspect is Nikki Secondino

Reported expert portal regarding the killing of 61-year-old Carlo Scandino in his Brooklyn apartment Thursday in an incident that police initially indicated was a home invasion.

Sources at The New York Post indicated that the killer may have been closer to home, suggesting Secondino’s trans daughter may have been involved.

Advertisement

Carlo’s 22-year-old transgender daughter Nikki Scandino has been accused of killing her father.

Common: MUST READ: Corruption In Maricopa County 2022 And How Runbeck Used Spanish-Speaking Employees And Resignation Of Running Ballots On Election Day

Nikki smirked for the cameras as she was escorted out of the NYPD police station.

Photo: Facebook screenshot/Carlo Secondino

Advertisement

The New York Post reported:

Nikki Scandino has been charged with murder and other crimes after police initially believed her father, Carlo Secondino, had been stabbed to death during an early morning home invasion at their Bensonhurst home.

Sources told The Post earlier Thursday that Nicki is suspected of making up a fake break-in story to cover up her brutal crime.

But the tale quickly unraveled and the alleged killer was also charged with attempted murder and criminal possession of a weapon in connection with the horrific attack in which her 19-year-old sister was stabbed.

The younger sister was taken to Maimonides Hospital in critical condition.

Nikki smiled, but ignored reporters’ questions, as investigators led her out of Brooklyn’s 62nd Precinct Thursday night.

Advertisement

A neighbor of Secondinos also said she heard Nikki Make a phone call in the hallway after the murder, claiming that the family was robbed by home invaders, who also stabbed them.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

Trump’s tax returns released by House Democrats

Published

on

By

The release of former President Donald J. Trump’s private tax documents comes amid questions about why the IRS failed to fully audit him during his presidency.

Source link

Continue Reading

Politics

Bolsonaro rules out military intervention in Brazil, “I have no support from other institutions to act against Lula!”

Published

on

By




JUST IN: Bolsonaro rules out military intervention in Brazil, “I have no support from other institutions to act against Lula!”


















Advertisement




quantast

Click here to add The Western Journal to your home screen.

// Load the SDK asynchronously (function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, "script", "facebook-jssdk"));

Source link

Continue Reading

Trending