Connect with us

Entertainment

Andy Horowitz Launches Big Swell Entertainment Production – Deadline

Published

on

exclusive: After 15 years at Charles Roven’s atlas Entertainment, where he served as Executive Vice President and Producer Andy Horowitz Go to launch Big Swell Entertainmenta producing group that aims to be a home for the next generation of young, practical producers and storytellers.

Big Swell will look to take a different approach compared to the traditional production company model, allowing producers to operate independently under the Big Swell banner while encouraging a team and collaborative approach with all creators involved. Horowitz is currently working on assembling his team, having already compiled a solid roster of projects in various stages.

Horowitz is supported on this project by Mountaintop Productions, a Tel Aviv-based production company founded by Hezi and Omri Bezalel. In partnership with Bezalels, Big Swell plans to leverage Mountaintop’s relationship base within the Israeli and European content business to bridge the gap between those regions and Hollywood.

“Working at Atlas for the past 15 years has been the experience of a lifetime,” Horowitz said. “Chuck Ruffin is one of Hollywood’s most successful and experienced producers, a giant in the industry, and I look forward to gaining the invaluable skills and experience he has given me to create content of all shapes and sizes for the next generation, with prizes for storytelling, talent and relationships above all else.” .

Advertisement

“I am very proud and happy for Andy, who has been an invaluable member of Atlas for his entire time here,” said Ruffin. “I couldn’t be happier that he realized his dream of starting his own company.”

Horowitz brings to Big Swell a deep creative relationship base and a wealth of experience navigating the Hollywood scene, having worked mostly within the studio system, helping direct films from idea to release. During his time at Atlas, the company produced four of the 100 greatest films of all time, which together earned nearly $10 billion.

In 2019, Horowitz produced JC Chandor trinomial, starring Ben Affleck, Oscar Isaac, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund and Pedro Pascal, which was released theatrically by Netflix on March 6, 2019 and began broadcasting on the thirteenth, watched by more than 63 million accounts and more than 120 million people. The first four weeks.

Horowitz previously worked as a co-producer on David Ayer’s DC pic suicide squad, starring Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jared Leto, Jay Courtney, Joel Kinman, Cara Delevingne and Viola Davis, which opened in August of 2016 and holds the largest August opening weekend in history with $135.1 million domestically. In its second and third weeks, the film took first place, grossing over $745 million worldwide at the box office. during production on suicide squadHorowitz created and led an immersive virtual reality project that, once completed, turned into a multi-million dollar promotional deal and marketing campaign with Samsung.

Horowitz also served as a producer on Atlas Independent’s Vertical Entertainment The Hollow PointStarring Patrick Wilson, Ian McShane, Jim Belushi and John Leguizamo, Executive Producer William Monahan Film A24-Release Mojavestarring Oscar Isaac and Garrett Hedlund, for Atlas The Independent.

Advertisement

In 2013 he co-produced David O. Russell’s American blackmailStarring Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner and Jennifer Lawrence, which has been nominated for ten Academy Awards and won three Golden Globe Awards including Best Picture, as well as three BAFTA Awards and several critics’ awards. American blackmail It was the biggest limited box office release of 2013 and has since grossed over $250 million worldwide.

Horwitz is represented by the UTA Independent Film Group and Richard Thompson at Brecheen Feldman Breimer.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Entertainment

George RR Martin answers ‘Game of Thrones’ question about Casterly Rock

Published

on

By

Hello, are you there. Yes you! Ever wonder what Casterly Rock looks like? to me George RR MartinThere was “a certain amount of confusion” about the appearance of House Lannister’s ancestral home. Luckily game of thronesFans everywhere, Martin is taking a break from his hard work Winter winds To clarify a question no one is asking.

On his trusted blog, Martin posted a lengthy world-building meditation intended to “relieve” any confusion about Casterly Rock. “A certain amount of confusion” is an awfully slippery term, isn’t it? on condition Thrones Fans at the gates of King’s Landing didn’t exactly chatter about it, and I’ll interpret that to mean “little or nothing.” In the blog post, Martin shared a (very low-res) illustration by Ted Nasmith, whose paintings of Westeros were used in game of thrones Calendars plus files worldbook companion The world of ice and fire. “Ted got every little detail right,” Martin wrote, retracting many of the architectural features Nesmith extracted from his novels. The author continued, “If you look closely, here and there scattered up and down the face of the stand, you can see windows and arrow slits.” It’s impossible to see those features in this adorable photo, so I suppose we’ll have to take his word for it.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.

You see, Martin has a bone to pick with how fans imagine this scene. “Lannister Castle is not at the top of the rock,” he asserted. “It’s inside the rock.” Should the man insist on controlling how readers conceive of his worlds within the privacy of their own imagination? What does it matter – and how does any of this criticism bring him closer to ending the series once and for all? Martin seems to acknowledge the futility of this blog post, writing, “What does all this mean? Probably nothing. I just wanted to set the record straight. Give you everything to think about.” (And maybe put an end to all these pictures of a little rock with a castle on top .)”

Advertisement

The author notes that his novels never pay a proper visit to Casterly Rock; Although the Lannister stronghold has been mentioned hundreds of times, as well as glimpses through characters’ flashbacks, it never really puts the story there in the proper timeline. But maybe it will change. “I hope Casterly Rock doesn’t stay offstage forever,” he wrote. “I have two more novels, and my plan is to have one or more of my point-of-view characters visit The Rock Inn Winter winds or Spring dreamso that I may show you all the wonders, horrors, and treasures of House Lannister first hand.”

At this point, he’s just teasing us, right? Hey George – While things rest, do them Winter winds Next!

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.

Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Bill Cosby reveals he’s considering comedy tour plans for 2023

Published

on

By

sound Bill Cosby Ready to join The Comedy Circle. On Wednesday, host WGH spoke “yes” When asked if he plans to tour again in 2023.

“Yes. Yes. Because there is so much fun I can have in telling this story,” Cosby said. “Years ago, maybe 10 years ago, I found it better to say it than to write it.”

The 85-year-old was convicted of criminal sexual assault in April 2018. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court then overturned the conviction in 2021. In June, he made a post on Instagram celebrating his one-year release date.

Bell wrote, “After 2 years and 10 months of fighting for my life and the truth, it feels like one year of freedom at home with my family (at least that’s what my wife says).”

However, the assault accusations are persistent. In early December, five women submitted a new application sexual assault lawsuit against Bill Cosby and NBC. Four women, filed in New York, said Cosby forced them to have sex or raped them between the 1980s and 1990s. The fifth woman says Cosby raped her in 1969. Comedian Andrew White called the suit “frivolous.”

Advertisement

Wyatt too confirmed to diverse That the former actor’s plans to tour are legit. He said that Cosby “Consider spring/summer to start touring.”

The tour can also be a response to Compensation award of $500,000 Cosby owes a debt to Judy Huth. Judy won a civil case against Bell in June, accusing him of sexually assaulting her when she was 16 years old in 1975.

At the time of the ruling, White Hoth said “I will never be paid by Mr. Cosby.” He also alleged that Huth owed her legal team more than $3 million, which Jodie’s attorney, Gloria Allred, later denied.

“Mr. Cosby’s spokesperson appears to be trying to wring victory from the jaws of Mr. Cosby’s massive defeat. Ms. Huth has no legal bills for fees with my law firm.”

Twitter users react to Bill Cosby’s contemplative tour of the year 2023

After Cosby’s surprise announcement, people on Twitter started flocking to him. The tweets highlighted multiple angles, from congratulations to ticket sales, cancel culture, and his “boldness” — in light of accusations that have reportedly come from more than 50 women since 2005.




Source link

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

See the first photos of Alyssa Scott and Nick Cannon’s baby

Published

on

By

Nick Cannon welcomes baby number 12

Alyssa Scott And the Nick CannonNewborn daughter had pink arrival.

the husband They welcomed their second child– A girl named Hello Mary Cannon—December 14, Alyssa announced December 29 on Instagram. Now, the model offers more behind-the-scenes looks at Halo’s birth, as well as the adorable first photos of her daughter.

In the glimpseHalo is seen sleeping on a white blanket, while wearing a comfy jumpsuit with a flowery headband. There is a bunch of flowers wrapped in an icy cone next to her, as well as a sparkling crown. To complete the enchanting image, an abundant bouquet of pink roses was placed atop Halo’s head.

Advertisement

Alyssa, who is also the mother of a 4-year-old daughter Zilla From a previous relationship, the post captioned, “HI BABY!! 12/14/22.”

More photos on her Instagram Story show a close-up of a halo among roses and a TikTok of the newborn sleeping while the photographer captured it in holiday-themed photos.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending